Want to Adopt a Child or Use a Surrogate in Nevada?
Let Our Lawyer Help You Grow Your Family
Those who turn to adoption or surrogacy as a means of having a child all have a common end goal: they desperately want their family to grow and need help doing so. Over a decade ago, attorney Eric A. Stovall saw how much of an overwhelming sense of urgency there was for a knowledgeable adoption and surrogacy lawyer in Nevada. He then realized that he could fill this void within the community.
Fifteen years later, attorney Stovall has assisted with over 1,000 successful adoptions and surrogacies for his clients. As a result, he finds immense satisfaction providing strong legal support to those who want to become parents by means of adoption or surrogacy. He is:
- Widely regarded for his work in these areas of law
- Referred Nevada adoption and surrogacy cases by lawyers located across the state and nation
- Involved in over 100 surrogacies and adoptions in Nevada each year
- A Fellow of both the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys
What is the Adoption Process? What Should We Expect?
Adoption is about bringing together parents and children who are looking for each other to complete a family. Our law firm can explain how the ever-changing Nevada adoption laws might affect your growing family and how to adopt. Furthermore, Eric A. Stovall works with clients to make sure the process runs smoothly for all involved. He can answer such adoption questions as:
- What is an open adoption vs closed adoption? What are the pros and cons of agency adoptions versus private adoptions?
- Can the father of the child I adopt take him or her back?
- Do I meet the eligibility requirements for adopting a child in Nevada?
- Do I have to live in Nevada to adopt a child from the state?
- What are adoption costs and fees?
- What are the pros and cons of adoption?
- Can you explain the process of relative adoption?
- Is same sex adoption allowed in Nevada?
- What do I need to think about for a single parent adoption? Or a step parent adoption?
Surrogacy Attorney Near Me
Women who choose to act as surrogates for parents unable to conceive give one of the most precious gifts. In some instances, a close friend or relative may act as a surrogate, but other times a complete stranger feels compelled to help your family experience the happiness a child brings. Our work in reproductive law includes providing representation for either the gestational carrier or intended parents involved in a surrogacy. As a result, Eric A. Stovall can provide attorney advice regarding the following:
- What types of surrogacy do Nevada surrogacy laws permit?
- Who can use a surrogate?
- What are the surrogacy costs that we should think about?
- What do I need to know about becoming a surrogate, egg donation, embryo donation or sperm donation?
- How do I make sure a child born using a surrogate is legally mine?
- How do I become an egg donor?
- What information should I include in a surrogacy contract?
- What happens if a surrogate changes her mind once the baby is born?
- Do surrogates have to go through medical or psychological testing?
Find a Nevada Attorney for Help with Adoption Services & Assisted Reproduction, including Parental Rights
With Eric A. Stovall, you will receive the experienced assistance of an attorney who regularly works on behalf of people wanting to build a family with children through adoption or surrogacy. Our attorney is able to answer all your questions about adoption and surrogacy to ensure your intentions are clear, so you can focus on the joy that results from a successful surrogacy or adoption. Contact our Reno family law lawyer now to set up a consultation to learn what our law firm can do to help.