Eric A. Stovall began practicing law in 1987. He has since helped thousands of Nevada families grow through surrogacy and adoption. Since 2013, Nevada surrogacy law has established policies that are among the most progressive in the country. New protections and inclusions have made the state a popular place for family formations of all descriptions. Eric stays current with all of these legal developments. He offers informed and dedicated counsel to prospective parents, surrogates and adoption agencies.
As part of his commitment to families, Eric helped found the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys (AAARTA) and is also an active member of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys (AAAA). These organizations are the acknowledged experts in surrogacy and adoption law. Additionally, Eric is a past President of AAAA.
- 1987 – Admitted to the Bar in the Nevada and U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- 1989 – Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- 2003 – Admitted to the United States Supreme Court
Education and Academic Experience
- University of Nevada (B.A., 1983; J.D., 1987).
- Frequent Lecturer for Attorney Continuing Education Classes in the areas of Litigation and Trial Practice as well as Adoption Law.
- Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys – Former President
- Washoe County Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association/Nevada Justice Association
- Birth Mother v. New Hope Child and Family Agency, 118 Nev. 962, 60 P.3d 485 (2002)
- Birth Mother v. Adoptive Parents, 118 Nev. 972, 59 P.3d 1233 (2002)
- Matthews v. Collman, 110 Nev. 940, 878 P.2d 971 (Nev. 1994)
- State Farm Mut. Auto Ins. Co. v. Jafbros Inc., 109 Nev. 926, 860 P 2d 176 (Nev. 1993)
- Bergmann v. Boyce, 109 Nev. 670, 856 P.2d 560 (Nev. 1993)
Surrogacy and Adoption Practice Areas
As a Reno surrogacy attorney, Eric provides legal services to intended parents, carriers, and agencies throughout the entire surrogacy process. He can answer any questions you have and assist you with issues such as:
- Surrogacy contracts
- Gestational carrier rights
- Intended parent rights, including single parents and LGBT parents
- Surrogacy insurance coverage
- Agency formation
- Pre-birth and parentage orders (PBOs)
Through his adoption services, Eric assists families throughout the state, country, and even internationally. He has experience with a wide variety of adoption types and issues, including:
- Agency adoption
- Private adoption
- Interstate adoption
- Older child adoption
- International adoption
- Single parent adoption
- LGBT parent adoption
- Relative adoption, including stepparent rights
- Sibling adoption
- Family law mediation and litigation
In addition to his family formation practice, Eric also handles personal injury claims in Reno and Las Vegas.